[pct-l] 06' first attempt, 07' second?

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Tue Nov 21 22:41:19 CST 2006

Gary Wright wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2006, at 9:47 PM, Slyatpct at aol.com wrote:
>> IMO,  except for the High
>> Sierra, north of Lake Tahoe was  the much better  half with few
>> exceptions, two
>> being certain sections  in section O and the "checkerboard" in WA.
>
> Well the checkerboard wasn't all bad.  I found the largest
> huckleberries on the
> trail in this section and some beautiful sections of old forest also.
>
> Gary Wright (Radar)

i agree- MASSIVE amounts of huckleberries in that section!! i kept
stopping for handfulls even though i knew there was trail magic waiting
for me at stampede pass... i originally was calling this the
"huckleberry vortex," but in a moment of heightened cleverness i came up
with the term "ollalie-gaggin'" after the native word "olallie" which
means "huckleberry"

girlscout