[pct-l] 2006 CDT documentary "The Hike"

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Thu Nov 23 01:12:51 CST 2006

Sounds great!  I'm always eager to watch any hiking vid, but ... am I the
only one who sometimes feels like if I watch too many of them, the wonder of
the trail will be somewhat faded?  Hmmm, deja-vu ... did I say this on here
before?

If I can succeed in my thru-hike of the PCT next year, I'd like to try the
CDT after that, but a big part of the appeal is that I have NO idea what I'd
be in for.  I've seen a couple short vids of Magnum and his buddies, and
that's it.  I don't mean I want to be unprepared, just that you can only
hike a trail for the first time once, and what if I've already seen all the
highlights in a series of movies?

I'm looking forward to seeing all the stuff I've already seen in SoCal, but
I don't expect it to be nearly the same experience as it was the first time.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is am I the only one who feels like seeing a
vid of a place you haven't been yet is like a spoiler?

Paul