[pct-l] Ground cloth - myth or requirement

S Daru darudiva at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 23 04:55:39 CST 2006

In this discussion I think it is good to state whether you carry a
ground cloth underneath a sewn-in floor. We used our ponchos as
ground cloth and had no sewn-in floor for our Tarptent Cloudburst. We
noticed that this is not ideal for the ponchos, they lost their
waterproofness faster than usual. We have also used an emergency
blanket, but that tends to make too much noise and it shreds easily
once it punctures.

Saskia