[pct-l] O.D.Coyote- Diluted Triple Crown Award?

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Nov 28 17:13:17 CST 2006

Sly,

Great thoughts, and I echo your sentiments -- completing a Triple Crown is a truly amazing achievement, of which anyone can and should be proud, whether it is acknowledged publicly or not.

My time spent on our local town council taught me a few things, but one of the biggest lessons was this:  no matter how good, just, or worthwhile something appears to be, there will be people who won't see it that way and who will oppose it.  The old adage, "you just can't please all the people all the time," is absolute truth, though someone out there will undoubtedly disagree (that's okay, I can take it).

If you don't want the Triple Crown award and ALL the fame that comes with it (TIC), you don't have to let ALDHA know you completed a TC, and if someone puts your name down to receive the Award, you don't have to go pick it up or accept it.  It's a personal choice, just like any other. But just because some folks don't want their completions acknowledged doesn't mean the acknowledgement should not be given to others who may value it, as you do.

I just find it difficult to understand why anyone would turn down all the lucrative endorsement offers, television interviews, and the chance to meet Jay Leno on the Tonight Show . . .

L-Rod