[pct-l] Hiking the PCT wihout a shelter?

yogi yogihikes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 28 22:25:32 CST 2006

Well, that would be the part where someone asked if he
could hike the PCT without a shelter, then you
answered by explaining how it could be done on the AT.

PCT questions are all-too-often answered with AT
logic.  The conditions on the two trails are entirely
different, and AT logic does not apply.

Yes, yes, yes, I know you began your reply by stating
"Hiking without some form of emergency shelter is
reckless."  But following that with a list of how it
could be done (albeit on another trail) implies that
it is safe.

PCT questions should be answered with PCT-based logic.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com