[pct-l] Hiking the PCT wihout a shelter?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Nov 30 00:50:23 CST 2006

I keep hearing I had to walk so many miles or fight a zillion mosquitoes as problems related to a shelterless trek.
Those are minor problems or inconveniences.
The real problem.......what if you sprain or break an ankle or suffer some other disabling injury that prevents you from walking through the storm and you are stuck in freezing rain or snow at 12000 ft without a shelter.....time to break out your note pad and write your last will and testament.

JMT Reinhold