[pct-l] AL SHAVERS jmt record attempt up-date

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Oct 1 03:27:41 CDT 2006

AL  SHAVER  called me earlier today and informed me that he abandoned his
third attempt for the  ''unsupported  JMT  record''  and bailed out at Wood
Creek.

Therefore the  ''unsupported''  record still stands at.....5 days....7
hrs....45 minutes.

I never envisioned that the record would stand that long, I always assumed
it would fall soon to a young & capable backpacker or trail runner yet,
after several attempts, over the last three years,
by several hot shot trail runners, the record still

     ''MAYBE  THEY  DON'T  MAKE  THEM  LIKE  THEY  USED  TO  ANYMORE???''

Boy, I bet that comment will set off a stampede next year to break the
record, to prove that they  not only still make them like they used to, but
that they make them better now a days.

JMT Reinhold
Your limping and hobbling Sr. Citizen trail companion