[pct-l] On Topic/Off Topic

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Oct 1 20:01:03 CDT 2006

I've enjoyed subscribing to the list for several years. Met a hiking
partner and somewhat kindred soul here.

Some people are upset by the friendly banter here; others are not.
Again, if you don't like a message or subject, use your delete button.
Same as if you were chatting with some others and the conversation
drifted to subjects that didn't interest you and so you drop out until a
subject comes up that interests you.

Some topics / threads get banned because the discussion turns heated on
a topic only tangently related to the PCT. The general discussion on
forest fires, forest fire fighting policies and practices, and such got
banned because it got to heated.  OTOH, updates of fires along the PCT
and related trail conditions continue to be on topic.

We seem to be going into the period when most of this years hikers are
finished and next years hikers and hike plans are not yet posted. We are
in a doldrums between this years hikes and next years plans.

My 2 cents.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>