[pct-l] A Plea for Music

The Weathercarrot weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:02:17 CDT 2006

The PCT 2006 class DVD is now in the early stages of production, this year
by Ryan Christensen ("Prodeal").  A few days ago he mentioned to me that
he's desperately short on music to choose from for the soundtrack, and I
offered to post a message to the 2004 and 2005 yahoo groups, as well as
pct-l asking for suggestions. Here's some specifics about his genre
preferences:

Basically, he's looking for primarily instrumental music with no lyrics, and
acoustic is preferred over electronic/synth, but either way could work.
Vocals are also fine if not in the form of lyrics.  The reason for that is
songs with lyrics are difficult to artistically fit to the imagery, and can
also be a bit distracting when there are too many. So instead, like the 04
and 05 DVD's, he'd like the majority to be instrumental, with a few lyric
songs that he'll find himself.  However, if there's one that is blatantly
perfect, I'm sure he' won't mind the suggestion.

The DVD will probably have 20 to 25 songs in it, and he has about 3 picked
so far, so he's really hoping to hear from lots of people.  He'll need the
artist, album name and song title if you're sending him a list.  And for
those who feel extra motivated and would like to compile a CD or two of
possibilities, he'll be very happy to receive them.

Ryan's e-mail address is yosemiteryan at yahoo.com - and you can ask him for
his mailing address if you'd like to send him CD's.  Thanks very much!

wc