[pct-l] on 'topic'

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Oct 5 04:19:43 CDT 2006

Ohhhhh!!!........What an awful evening..........having just returned home
after several days, I rushed to my computer to read Switchbacks latest
humorous posts and enjoy the camaraderie of hikers exchanging ideas and
experiences and ........Ahhhhhhh!!!.......... what do I see?.......... The
pct-l engulfed in sniping, griping, and arguing about what is on topic vs
what is off topic, and being reprimanded by ''lovely'' JOANN and ridiculed
by ''brute'' CORKY.

What happened to camaraderie, freedom of expression and sense of humor?
I know the hiking season is almost over, ''Barn Fever'' is rearing its ugly
horns again and the herd is getting edgy.
I say..........DOWN  BOYS!!!..........DOWN  BOYS!!!.........winter will soon
be over.

SWITCHBACK  is the spark plug on this channel, he is the one that puts some
humor in this channel whose subjects revolve around ziplock bags and weather
reports.
Just think how dull this world would be without SWITCHBACKS.
We get occasional pro & con comments from our fellow hikers.
But, you know something, the comments from people enjoying the humor far
outnumber the comments from people being annoyed by the humor. But, in an
effort to appease our more serious and less humorous members, I will make a
concentrated effort to tone down the humor and keep it more on post and try,
if I remember, to identify       ''On Post'' topics with ''OP'' so our more
serious and less humorous members can distinguish ''On Post'' topics from
''Off Post'' topics.

Also, our more serious and less humorous members are not required to read
the humorous posts, the delete button
works miracles to silence those nasty humorous posts, or they can just
ignore them.
Our majority humorous members, on the other hand, do not have the option to
read those humorous posts if they are not initially posted.
Do not be afraid to use the ''delete'' button there is no ''charge.''

JMT Reinhold
Your extremely serious and humorless trail companion.