[pct-l] Huckleberries

Monty Tam metam01 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 6 12:28:02 CDT 2006

Huckleberries are great smashed up in instant vanilla Jello pudding.
 I hiked Oregon last year during huckleberry season.  I carry instant
pudding when I hike.
 I picked blueberries right on the trail and smashed them into my ziplock
portions of pudding.
 Later, when it was time to eat the pudding, I added my cup of water,
worked it in and had huckleberry pudding.
 Had a lot more flavor than the huckleberry shake I had back up the trail
in Washington.

 Instant Pudding (any flavor)
 1/2 small box or 1/3 big box instant pudding in a sandwich size ziplock
(lighter bag the better)
 1/3 cup powdered milk.

 To eat add one cup water and work it in shaking and massaging with your
fingers...lots.
 Letting it set lets it thicken a bit more.
 Bite a corner off the bag with your teeth and squeeze it into your mouth
like toothpaste.

 I use sugar free.  Weighs much less and works for me.  I actually gained
weight from Manning to Ashland on my AYCE 1.5 lbs of food system per day.

 Warner Springs Monty