[pct-l] Reminder of October 12, 2006 PCTSection meeting

Rob Langsdorf mctrob at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 15:26:05 CDT 2006

Hi All,

The PCTSection started out as a group of the San Diego
Chapter of the Sierra Club for people who wanted to
section-hike the PCT. Several years ago we switched to
being a Yahoo group for faster coordination of outings. Our
focus is on section hiking and many of our members have
hiked major portions of the trail and have information to
share about how they did it. Others are looking for more
information about sections they haven’t hiked yet. We would
enjoy having you join us.

Just a reminder that on Thursday, October 12th at 6 pm we
are holding a PACIFIC CREST TRAIL SECTION potluck and
meeting in the San Diego Area. This is a chance to meet
other people who are interested in hiking the PCT. Bring
food to share (potluck supper), pictures of past trips, and
ideas about PCT trips that you would like to do in the
coming year.

Currently I am trying to locate a video projector so we can
show a DVD slides of the trip that Jan Craven and Charlie
Jones took last summer. Perhaps others have pictures on CDs
or DVDs. Do any of you have a projector and laptop that you
can bring for this purpose?

We will also have a panel discussion by hikers who have
covered significant segments of the PCT. If you have hiked
the whole trail or several hundred miles of it and would
like to share your insights, please let me know you can
participate in this.

We will meet at the Clairemont Community Service Center,
4731 Clairemont Drive, 92117 (east at Lakehurst Ave).
(Thomas Guide: 1248-E1) On the internet you can go to
Google Maps, click on “Get Directions” and enter your
address in the first box and “4731 Clairemont Drive, 92117”
into the second one and then click get directions again,
you will get directions and a map to show you how to get to
the Lakehurst stop light. Turn towards the shopping center
and find a parking space. The Community Service Center is
the first building on the right of the driveway from
Clairmont Drive and the first room you come to from the
stoplight is where we will meet.

Here are the basic driving directions: Take your favorite
freeway to Highway 52. From I-5 go EAST; from I-805, Hwy
163 or I-15 go west – to Genesee Ave. Take Genesee south to
Clairemont Mesa Blvd. (Second light south of the canyon).
Turn RIGHT on Clairemont Mesa Blvd and go to the next
light. This is Clairemont Drive. Turn RIGHT again and
follow Clairemont Drive to the Lakehurst stoplight. Turn
LEFT at Lakehurst (towards the shopping center) and find a
place to park.

Please let me know if you plan to attend by either emailing
me at <mctrob at yahoo.com> or phoning me at (858) 459-1726,
so I will be sure to have enough plates, etc. I look
forward to seeing many of you there,

Rob