[pct-l] ultralight packs

bharve at dslextreme.com bharve at dslextreme.com
Sat Oct 7 23:44:18 CDT 2006

I recall that earlier something like gvp.com or gvpgear.com worked, and
for a time interchangeably with gossaamergear.com.  However, just ran a
trial, and only gossamergear.com landed me at the desired hiking gear
website.

I've used both a GoLite Speed pack and a Gossamer Gear Mariposa pack for
several hundred miles each, and carried a bear canister inside each pack.
In order fo my bony frame to carry ~30 Lbs with the GoLite comfortably, I
had to add padding under the hip belt.  The Gossamer Gear carries such
weight comfortably for me with only some slughtly bulky fleece sleeping
socks in the hip belt pociets.  I now use the Gossamer Gear pack
exclusively on multi-day hikes, because it weighs slightly under one
pound, which is about 1.5 pounds less than the GoLite.

Jeffrey Olson