[pct-l] Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip

matt maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Mon Oct 9 10:09:11 CDT 2006

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip

After a good dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and
go to sleep.

Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."
"I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes" replies Watson.
"And what do you deduce from that?"
Watson ponders for a minute.

"Well, astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies
and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that
Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately
a quarter past three. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a
beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically, I can see that God is all
powerful, and that we are a small and insignificant part of the
universe. What does it tell you, Holmes?"

Holmes is silent for a moment. "Watson, you idiot!" he says. "Someone
has stolen our tent!"