[pct-l] OT topic/humor

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Oct 10 07:06:03 CDT 2006

In a message dated 10/9/2006 6:14:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gwtmp01 at mac.com writes:

Off-topic postings on PCT-L are hardly a big problem.  I think  PCT-L
has an excellent signal-to-noise ratio, but lists only stay  that way
if the members are dutiful in pointing out when discussions  have
strayed.  It is like tending a garden.  You'll never  truly prevent
weeds from popping up here and there but but you can't  ignore the
problem either or it may eventually become overwhelming  (like my
backyard!).

Good analogy but the posts pointing out the posts that are OT are weeds too
and hardly PCT related.   The list has a moderator, why not let  him do the
weeding when it gets out of hand?

Sly