[pct-l] [pct2006] Re: Ray Memorial

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.com
Wed Oct 11 23:27:10 CDT 2006

It saddens me to hear that we are such purest that we can't remember a man that gave so much to "The Trail"  Is it so much about our own hike that we can't take a minute  to recognize a fallen fellow hiker?  Has anyone taken the time to ask his wife what she feels his desire would have been?  Has everyone forgot that the mountains can be dangerous and need to recognize as such?  Being a wife of a mountaineer who hiked the trail before it was even a completed trail and a section hiker myself (JMT 1984 and on) I would be deeply dishearten to hear others not wanting to recognize his love of the Sierras and the PCT.  Without the ones who have gone before, you would not have a Trail to follow.

Lady J

For Information on Programs, previous Trips, and Photo Gallery,

Please visit: www.mountaineducation.com