[pct-l] Ray Memorial

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 08:47:42 CDT 2006

  Thanks for all your response and thoughts about this subject. Alice has been part of this thought process right from the beginning and it will up to her what , if anything, will be done....If a plaque is to be placed somewhere on the PCT it will not be "at" the site but perhaps close by. The board of Aldha W has shown an interest in helping with some type of memorial and hence the thought of a bench or even a message board near the bridge at Deep Creek was suggested. Please feel free to express any thought you people have on this one way or the other.....with 100s of folks reading this we have only heard from a few folks so far!!!!!!!  Now that the class of 06 is getting close to finishing i would hope more responses will come from them....

  I think one good thing that might come from this is that as time goes on hikers who go on any long distance hike will take the time to tell their family's what to do with their remains should something happen on trail.... I knew for awhile that i wanted my ashes taken to Keneddy Meadows when i die and it was Alice who asked me "Well where up here Meadow Ed" , it was a detail i forgot about and so now have done so. Saying you want your ashes spread on the trail is one thing  but perhaps saying just exactly where is also important. We all saw the part in the 05 video where the uncle of a hikers ashes were spread...so its something to think about perhaps.

  Thank you, Meadow Ed