[pct-l] Plantar Fascia problems

Matt Maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Thu Oct 12 18:32:29 CDT 2006

Richard
i don't have it as bad as you and have had it for over 20 years now, surgery
has been recommended numerious times.

I take Mobic 7.5 mg each day and infrequently have flairups that require
injections and numerious other treatments you mentioned

I heard a thing on NPR a few weeks ago that I felt had promise in
releving/preventing it without drugs or surgery

It would require adapting to hiking, and certianly wouldn't help your acute
condition, but here is the text of the post

I hope you find relief soon, I know how painful this can truly be
Regards
Trail90

Greetings to the list
I listened to this story on NPR yesterday, and thought, Hey this could apply
to hiking as well!

I tried the technique as descriped and it seemed to help, I'm sure I need
more practice with it and it defintly adds more strain to your back and
abdomen, but I think it has promise for me at least.

Chi Runners Poised for Softer Landings
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6070170

Regards
Trail90