[pct-l] RE The "Guide book"

TYVEK wooster pastafly at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 21:19:44 CDT 2006

     i will not beat around the bush on this,

   i whole heartily support and will stand up and defend yogi and her
guidebook!

     my first thought on this subject was,   HOW DARE THEY!!!!

   yogi has spent tons of her own time putting this guidebook together all
for one single reason,  and that is to provide helpful info to us hikers!!
  not to make money.    she isnt "just another hiker"  she is not superwoman
either,  she is a hiker that has been impacted by the long distance trails
and by the long distance hiking community in such a way that she commited
lots and lots of her own time to help us hikers.      and not just by the
way of a guide book.  in 2005 when i hiked the trail  she rented a van and
picked up a group of hikers and gave them rides around san diego for last
minute supplies and then to the kickoff.

       when i hiked the pct in 2005  i carried the official guidebooks and
yogis book.  no data book.   in my opinion the data book is the book that is
really not needed.  especially if you have the guidebooks and yogis book.
   i will admit that there were 2 places in yogis book that were incorect,
but other than that i think that her guidebook was great!   the town info
was wonderfull and all the water info and different spring locations that
the guidebook didnt have was priceless.

          it really burns me up when people are out there that have a total
lack of respect for somebody that is just trying to help US out as hikers!
and what does she get for that??  disrespect for her and her efforts.  that
is very wrong!!!

  there is such a thing as constructive criticism and this wasnt
constructive at all,  it was DESTRUCTIVE.

     TYVEK  pct 2005,  pct 2007