[pct-l] RE The "Guide Book" and Funnybone

Grammar Coach grammarcoach1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 10:54:13 CDT 2006

Here's a tidbit about Funnybone that may shed light on why he dumped on Yogi.

Several months ago when Funnzy-bone was in SoCal, he posted a journal entry with an obvious and inexcusable grammatical error.  He said something like, "With two zero day's, I'll be able to rest my funnybones."

I couldn't let this slide, and wrote Funnybone a note in the comments section of his journal, raking him over the coals for this moronic error.  "The plural of day is days," I wrote to him, "without an apostrophe.   As written in your journal, day's is possessive singular, as if the day owned property or possessed some quality."

I further told funnybone, "Think about this while you're out there in the middle of nowhere."  Funnybone deleted my comment from his journal, but apparently took to heart my suggestion that he think about it while he is out in the middle of nowhere.  In fact, it seems he thought about it, and thought about it, and thought about it to the point where it began to putrify in his mind and migrate to his lower mental intestinal tract.  Unfortunately, Yogi happened to be in the area when he pulled his tattered grammatical pants down and let go.

So there you have it, folks.  Funnybone has been stewing over the fact that he's a bad writer since SoCal, and finally let loose -- on Yogi, who is a good writer.

Just call me "Coach."