[pct-l] clarification

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 14:07:25 CDT 2006

Greetings:

My word from Funnybone! which I had to look up:

"pilgarlic".

When I went to my Dashboard (Mac) dictionary, I could
not find a definition. Then went to dictionary.com and
found:

"a person regarded with mild or pretended contempt or
pity"

I left this message in Funnybone!'s guest book:

"Pilgarlic"! How did you find that word on the trail?
Marvelous word. I had never read it before. Had to
search two dictionaries to find it. Splendid word.
Worthy of Patrick O'Brian. Thank you for the journal.

The man can write. And this thread has gone on far too
long. Please excuse my addtion of another response.
But I am trying to spread familiarity with the word. A
word that fine should be more widely used. At least
that's the excuse I am using.

Best,
J J

http://electricpath.com