[pct-l] OT: clarification

Jeff Dishman dishjad at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 10:59:03 CDT 2006

For what it's worth, "Tounge” is a common misspelling of “tongue.”

  Peace,

  Rabbit PCT05-06

Grammar Coach <grammarcoach1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Why will you be serving the pancakes "up"? If you don't watch it, they could stick to the ceiling.

Why not serve the pancakes down, on the table? At least then we could bite them calmly and with a degree of certainty, instead of biting our tounges as we leap into the air to intercept them while they're being served "up." For that matter, why not serve them backward, forward, sideways, or at an angle?

The directional modifier "up" does not belong there.

Matt Geis wrote:

Looks like I'll be serving up pancakes at the kickoff. :)

Just call me "Coach."
unsubscribe or change options: