[pct-l] bear avoidance (kind of long)

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Oct 19 10:12:05 CDT 2006

In a message dated 10/17/2006 3:52:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bluebrain at bluebrain.ca writes:

I don’t  think I’ll change my approach next year.  I’ll use bear boxes
where  they exist, keep it in my tent in places that seem less likely to
have bear  traffic, will avoid camping near day-use picnic sites, and will
hang as  best as I can when in spots that seem more likely to have  bear
traffic.  I’m way more afraid of my flat feet spoiling my hike  than bears
anyway!

Y'all know about the PCT method of hanging?  It's the one I use if I  hang.
I thought Glen Van Peski told me about it, but he insists I told  him.  Who
told me?  Anyway, it's found it's way to the web.

http://tinyurl.com/amf3q