[pct-l] Skill Sets

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 19 12:31:58 CDT 2006

Know how to utilize map & compass, and how to orient yourself with the map and landmarks.  Numerous times this season, we followed footsteps across snow fields only to find that the trail was no where to be seen when the snow ended.  Relocating the trail required the ability to figure out where the trail was using the map, compass, and physical landscape.

L-Rod