[pct-l] Skill Sets

stillroaming pct at delnorteresort.com
Thu Oct 19 13:25:44 CDT 2006

Nothing is more fun than glisading down a hill. Too many times I can
remember leaving high school early to go up to Angeles Crest highway and
tube down one of the many ravines.

With that said, it's something I would never do on a remote hike. All it
would take is one rotten snow bridge or soft snow around a warming object
(such as a granite boulder) to *really* ruin your day, hike or worse. It's
also hard on wind pants and pack.

Maybe I'm being a sensationalist and maybe this falls into the category I
like to call the "What If Prison", but it's something to consider.

Scott Parks