[pct-l] Section A, Border->Warner Springs in December?

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Wed Oct 25 15:06:14 CDT 2006

I have walked all of that but in pieces. I would think the main
concern for that time of year would be snow on Mt. Laguna. I would
check into that and the forecast before starting out. Also, there are
long dry stretches through the San Felipe Hills and just before
there. I don't know if the Lucky 5 and Gate 3 (or the one just south
of Highway S2) caches are maintained year-round, so you might have to
load up at Pioneer Mail Trailhead and at San Felipe Creek. If I were
you, I would check those sources out ahead of time and consider
placing your own caches at Pioneer Mail Trailhead and at Highway S2.

Pieces