[pct-l] Walker Pass Resupply

Matt Maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Thu Oct 26 11:44:53 CDT 2006

David
I have heard various stories recounted. Some say it is impossible "it took
me hours" to "I barely got my thumb out".

Highway 178 is well used and many cars & trucks stop there for? There is
also the occasional day hiker or section hiker at the trailhead

I suspect it may have to do with many factors as to the sucess rate in
hitching a ride

1. gender
2. appearance
3. thru-hiker season
4. time of day
5. day of the week

Ridgecrest Taxi 760-793-7374
This is the only option I know of short of walking to Onyx or Highway 14 and
taking the bus.

Happ Trails!
Trail90