[pct-l] Walker Pass Resupply

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 15:20:54 CDT 2006

Hello,

I waited a long time at the pass to get a ride to
Onyx. How long is a long time? Hmm. About twenty
minutes. And a guy came along who had free milesage on
his rental car. So he was driving, just to put on the
free miles. I love hitching. Anyway, got to the store
and the checker told me about the "secret", but
illegal campsite by the river. Good site. Cottonwood
trees. Sweet shade on a hot day. Then Popsickle showed
up, Ryan and Lindy, then Nazgul.

Fine place to camp. Good company.

The lady at the post office saw us waiting outside the
next morning and opened early. Good resupply point, if
you're using the PO. But not the store - very limited,
at least in 2004.

Most of us (those before me and me!) got rides from in
front of the store back to the pass pretty quickly.

I will probably use Onyx as a resupply point again.

Best,
J J

http://electricpath.com