[pct-l] 16 miles....

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Mon Oct 30 12:37:46 CST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: JoAnn M. Michael
To: themtgoat at yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 10:25 AM
Subject: section n

Hey Mountain Goat,

Didn't know you lived in that neck of the woods. I'm here in Siskiyou Co. just northwest of Weed.

I just did from Belden to Humboldt Summit two weeks ago. Hopefully will get back this week or next and do HS to Domingo Springs which will complete section n for me.

Thanks for speaking up for we folks who don't do great mileage!  That elevation gain (3200' in 7.1 miles) out of the Williams Cabin area to "a wide lumber road (6900 - 0.4)" about killed me! But I was proud of my 1.5 mph pace and did over 2 mph the next day arriving at Humboldt S. by 2:00 after exactly 12.2 miles. I could easily have gone numerous miles more...that is WONDERFUL for me (had to leave the trail for misc. reasons). Not too long ago it was at about 10 m/day. So, as you stated, we all do our own thing out there and though my mileage is nothing compared to the 'big boys' (as I like to call the thru hikers and other with high miles/day) when I tell anyone in they general public my mileage, they are in total awe!   :)  Everything is relative in this world.

JoAnn
are we there yet