[pct-l] Sensationalist

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Sep 4 10:01:52 CDT 2006

Sly wrote:

"Not having the KickOff isn't going to change the numbers  appreciably or when they start."

Sly, sorry, my dear friend.  I could not disagree with this statement more.  When you have 145 hikers starting over one weekend ('05 numbers per one of the organizers), it's because they are attending the KO, not because they all randomly chose to start that particular weekend.

Where is it that you live?  I live close to the trail, and live with the effects of the KO.  Please don't tell me or others that the KO is not having an affect in the start date patterns, because it most definitely is.  And, IMHO it sucks, in plain English.

L-Rod