[pct-l] Public Notice & Warning

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Sep 4 17:27:22 CDT 2006

p_baily at webuniverse.net_ (mailto:pbaily at webuniverse.net)   writes:

The PCT  itself between the 2 intersections with Highway 79 is 1.8 miles
long,  according to the Data Book. I don't know, I thought I did some short
pieces!

Pieces

PS: Enjoy Whitney, and remember to pack out  what you pack in. Therefore, no
pirate flags planted on the  top!

That is a good point.  I think  I will take some pirate stuff on this
expedition.  I might also paint the  shelter roof at the top with a big skull & cross
bones.  Kind of a  "Switchback was here." thing. Thanks for the idea.

Yes, 1.8 miles seems like a good stretch of the legs, especially when you
are the first to ever do it.  I like to do some serious hiking on my PCT
vacations to make me feel productive.  I like to feel I  am knocking down some
serious mileage on my now 36 year (started in 1970)  section hike of the trail.

I notice some hikers on this List  are doing 30+ miles per day on their
hikes.  That is about a year's PCT  average for me.

Thanks again, Switchback the Trail  Pirate