[pct-l] Manning FIRE - BC Parks webpage and phone number

bluebrain at bluebrain.ca bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Wed Sep 6 13:23:25 CDT 2006

The moment anything changes, this will likely be the first page to be
updated.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/manning.html

For more information, contact BC Parks: 1-250-490-8200

I was in Manning earlier this summer, and it's a tinderbox.  It's been an
extremely dry year up here and the forest in and around Manning is
suffering from many years of pine beetle damage.  I would count on the
fire spreading into the park and resulting in more trail closures.

Although, I guess if the trail is closed in Washington then it really
doesn't matter whether it's open or not here on the other side of the
border!

- Paul