[pct-l] OR on fire

Peter Haskell pchaskell at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:21:20 CDT 2006

Three of us planned to hike from Santiam Pass to Mt. Hood, starting on 9.16,
but apparently  the PCT from Santiam to Olallie is burning and thus off
limits. So we are lnow looking at hiking from McKenzie Pass south to road
600, north of Waldo Lake. Or S to N.  Then we'd like to get to Olallie Lake
and hike to Mt. Hood.  Or some such combination.

The overall aim is for us to do about 100 miles (not including the Columbia
River to Mt. Hood) before attending The Gathering.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how we might pull this off? We
arrive at Portland at noon on 9.16.  Getting to McKenzie Pass looks
theoretically doable, but getting from road 600 to Olallie may not be
feasible.

I'd appreciate any insights.

Peter "Powerful Tiger" Haskell