[pct-l] Thru-hiking with a dog

Kristin Murphey murpheyk at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 13:18:43 CDT 2006

My husband and I are planning a south-bound thru-hike of the PCT, starting
July 2007. We have a beloved golden retriever-mix named Olive who we really
want to bring with us. I know there are some areas of trail where dogs are
not permitted, and we're concerned about transportation and lodging issues
as well during resupply stops. Is there anyone who has hiked with their dog
who could share pros and cons, as well as any tips? Or are there any other
resources with this kind of info? We could leave Olive with family if we
absolutely had to, but she loves being a trail dog and we want to bring her
if at all possible.
Thanks,
Kris