[pct-l] Simplifying Meal Preparation

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:44:26 CDT 2006

I make my own granola for my cookless breakfast. I make sure to add in a
couple different nuts for more protein and some dried fruit for sugar/carb
boost. I also make my granola with molasses instead of honey, but it makes
it much darker in color and a little more tart in the taste. But it keeps me
going until snack time!

I make lots of the granola and freeze it, then have it put in the supply
boxes and sent, it tastes like I just made it. I don't get tired of it, but
this is the stuff my mom made and sent me off to school with every day for 4
years of high school!

As I enjoy a nice hot meal at dinner after hiking! I don't know that I would
do without that on a daily basis.

Tammy