[pct-l] fire closures

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 20 00:57:55 CDT 2006

I'm thinking of a hike next week,
possibly in conjunction with
ALDHA-West.    The Pacific Northwest fires ought to be
drenched out by now, but I was wondering if there
were any residual PCT closures (which sometimes
persist
after the fire due to secondary effects)

Plan A is to go from Breitenbush to Ramona Falls.
The forecast is pretty damp.

Plan B is to go from Ashland (no longer from
Callahans)
to Seiad Valley.    There were fires in the vicinity,
and I don't think there's been much rain there.

Plan C is to go from South Lake/Bishop Pass to Reds
Meadow (and forget completely about ALDHA-West).
Not many fires there, but not much rain either.

Anybody with current information on PCT trail closures
in those areas, please let me know.