[pct-l] Class of 74

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 21:03:28 CDT 2006

Scruffy, the old PCT thru hiker, class of 74, recently picked a  new primary
care doctor.  After two visits and exhaustive  lab tests, the doc said he was
doing "fairly well" for his age.
A little concerned about the docs comment, he couldn't resist asking  him,
"Do you think I'll live to be 80?"
The doc asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?"
"Oh no," Scruffy replied. "I don't chase women either since I gave up
trailtown sacking."
The doc then asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks & barbecued  ribs?"
Again Scruffy said, "No, my former doctor said that all red meat is  very
unhealthy!  I am very careful about what I eat."
Then the doc said, "Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf,
 sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"
"No, I don't do any of that."
Finally, the doc asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or stay up late
with your gray hair trail partners down at the local saloon?"
No," he said. "I don't do any of those things."
The doctor carefully looked at Scruffy and said, "Then, why do you  care?"
Your hiking buddy, YOU KNOW  WHO