[pct-l] Libido and the Hiker

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Sep 22 00:07:15 CDT 2006

I agree with you Switchback; you should not get into backpacking sex advice.
The hiking community would be better served and informed by reading my book,
"Sex in the Wilderness."
I will try to answer your nine objections to the best of my ability.

1.  If you practice the falling asleep on the wheel method,  you will be
fairly rested afterwards.
2.  You are right, it is an activity that saps your energy.  Like Clinton
said, it makes your knees knock.
3.  I know what you mean Switchback, afterwards you will be calling each
other sugarplum, honeybun, etc.
4.  Switchback, even you could assure a stellar performance every time by
including Viagara in your emergency kit.
5.  If you follow my directions in my book, you will never get caught by the
rangers.
6.  If I have to choose one activity  over the other, guess which one I will
choose.  Remember, life will go on without
     the trail fest,  kick off or gathering, but survival of the species is
dependent upon you know what....Therefore, I
     encourage everybody to do their part to ensure the survival of the
species.
7.  You are absolutely right, afterwards, you will be skipping along the
trail singing "You are my sunshine, my only
     sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray," instead of focusing
on the pass ahead and the sweat and
    agony to get over the pass.
8.  It seems to me that I read somewhere that sex is one of the best aerobic
and cardiovascular exercises and will
    do more to get you in shape for the PCT than any other exercise.
9.  Switchback, if you do it more often, it becomes second nature and it
won't be so complex, no does it have to be
     so time consuming if you are willing to settle for a "quickie."
  P.S.  Switchback, you said no sex on the PCT; you said nothing about the
JMT.
  So I assume it's okay to do it on the JMT?

JMT Reinhold
Author,   "SEX IN THE WILDERNESS"   How to do it on the trail, off the
trail, in the bushes, in the bivy sack and 99 other ways.