[pct-l] ultralight headlamp

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Fri Sep 22 18:26:50 CDT 2006

"Hey everyone
I'm need advise on a very lightweight headlamp to use for night hiking.
Lighter the better.

Warner Springs Monty"

I like the Black Diamond Ion. It's a true strap headlamp, two leds, tilt,
reliable, and very bright. Pricey battery, $5, tho. The system is one ounce.
$20, and I've seen it on sale for $10 (w/bat).  I get a full season out of
one battery, but I don't night hike. It's mostly just camp chores, and time
checks during the nite. I tried the  Petzl Tekna/Zipka lights, they're
really bright with lots of features, use AAA bats, but the 3oz wt turned me
off, and I use it around the yard and carry it in the truck now. With
Lithium AAAs available now, the Tekna wt drops some. Let us know what you
choose. Lighter the better, nice pun.
http://www.bdel.com/gear/ion.php