[pct-l] Sonora Pass fall

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Sep 28 11:56:53 CDT 2006

Sometimes the closures are done because the forest itself is in peril.  Here in SoCal, last year the USFS closed the forests down when fire conditions reached a critical point, though there were no active fires at the time.  They'd lost 14% of the Angeles National Forest due to fires the year before, and they weren't taking any chances.

L-Rod