[pct-l] JMT record??

David dajada at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:55:05 CDT 2006

We also had a "run-in" with Reinhold.  Near the end of July 2004 we
had finished our JMT hike & were on the trail down to Whitney Portal,
(steep) when this guy comes flying up the hill.  We stopped & chatted
a bit - He wasn't the least bit out of breath!  He said he was
attempting a speed record of the JMT.  We couldn't decide if he was a
little insane or for real.  After all, he only had a fanny pack, but
he seemed really fit, knew is stuff and was a pleasant guy!  I was
pleasantly surpised when Reinhold joined the group and I found out he
is for real, (and a little insane ;-)

David