[pct-l] San Jacinto's trip

Peter "OC" Dascalos peter at onthetrail.org
Wed Sep 27 17:30:46 CDT 2006

I have hiked this region many times. I would say that if you do not want to
push to "get this section done", 4 days is a good estimate. If you want to
get in San Jacinto Peak, which I recommend, give yourself 5 days.
There would be many ways to attack this section if you want to do it over a
couple of sessions. The last time I did this hike, it was in one trip over 4
days. We started mid morning at the 74, we stayed at Cedar Springs the first
night, one person left at Fobes Saddle, spent the second night at Little
Tahquitz Valley, another of our party jumped out at the Saddle Junction, we
skipped San Jacinto Peak, stayed the third night at Fuller Ridge Trail
Head/Black Mountain remote camp,  and finished up late afternoon at the 10.
Be prepared for this last day, it is a big downhill walk, I lost a couple of
toe nails...
Check out the maps for this hike at
http://www.onthetrail.org/Outdoors/PCT/SectionBx.html , map 2 thru 5. This
is a great trek!