[pct-l] Yogi's PCT Book in PDF

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 14:12:45 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pea Hicks" wrote:

> and how did YOU discover the pct?

I was backpacking up at Rosary Lakes, using the PCT (labeled as Oregon
Skyline Trail on my map) as my route.  When I looked at the surrounding
maps, I noticed the trail continued on for a long distance.

On a subsequent trip, I ran into a thru-hiker (this was about 20 years ago)
who mentioned that he was travelling from Canada to Mexico on this trail,
which I thought was rather interesting.

The point I am making here is that we don't need people creating "travel
brochures" for the PCT, "introducing long-distance hiking to people who
haven't hiked before" (as Yogi stated is the purpose of her book), or
otherwise promoting it to people like it's some travel resort.

Let people find the trail on their own, so that they will hike their own
hike.

Jon