[pct-l] Yogi's PCT Book in PDF

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Sun Apr 1 14:38:36 CDT 2007

Jon Danniken wrote:

 >>> I was backpacking up at Rosary Lakes, using the PCT (labeled as
Oregon Skyline Trail on my map) as my route.

 >> so, where did you buy the map?
 >
 > Back then I was too broke to buy maps, so I would go to the UO
Library/UO Bookstore/Bookmark Bookstore and look at them there.

so, above you referred to this as "my map." so, did you own it, or make
an illegal copy of it, or what? did you memorize it and head off down
the trail with the map entirely in your head?

What's
 > your point, anyway?

my point is that you yourself are guilty of consulting 3rd party sources
as an intermediary between you and the pct, something which you're now
condemning on the list.

gs