[pct-l] Yogi's PCT Book in PDF

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 14:46:40 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pea Hicks"

> so, above you referred to this as "my map." so, did you own it, or make
> an illegal copy of it, or what? did you memorize it and head off down
> the trail with the map entirely in your head?

In my head.  I call them my maps because they are USGS maps, which contain
geographic information that belongs to ALL of us, so they are "my maps" as
much as they are "your maps".

> my point is that you yourself are guilty of consulting 3rd party sources
> as an intermediary between you and the pct, something which you're now
> condemning on the list.

No.  What I condemned was Yogi writing her book to "...introduce
long-distance hiking to people who haven't hiked before."

Comparing a USGS Quad with Yogi's book is like comparing the Farmer's Market
to a Wal*Mart.

As I have stated before, we should not be making it easier for hikers,
because the end result will *ONLY* be packing more people on an already
crowded trail.

If you are so hellbent on stomping your big footprint on society to inflate
your ego-driven sense of altruism, then introduce people to softball or
bowling, but for the love of God PLEASE leave the PCT alone..

Jon