[pct-l] April Fools Slander

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 18:00:41 CDT 2007

Georgi _writes_ (mailto:Heitman at citlink.netwrites) :

I'd  barely realized it was April 1.  It hit like a ton of bricks.....now, I
think it's our job to try to figure out who the diabolical Tonto is.....Good
God, maybe it's Switchback!!!!!!
Once again, lovable and friendly, Switchback the Trail Pirate, has been
slandered and maligned.  Friend of the trail and all who tread its trace.  In
fact, hikers look forward to being ambushed and their last drops of water  taken
by the pirate in the San Felipe Hills.  It is like Robin Hood  sacking your
gear and campsite.  You know it is for a good cause.  And  yes, pirates defend
the fair maidens of the trail too.  They come to no  harm or disrespect.  This
is because they fetch a  higher ransom from love ones back home if they are
unharmed.  If  by some rare circumstance, there is no ransom they are
respectfully auctioned  off at the nearest trailtown saloon.  Business is business.

With feelings hurt and a tear in my  eye, I thank you.

Switchback, Humble Friend of the Trail and All Who Use  It