[pct-l] I am so sorry.

Linda Jeffers gottago at lindajeffers.com
Sun Apr 1 21:04:18 CDT 2007

Yogi,

I'm so sorry you have had to deal with these posts today. What a damn shame
- to rob you of the joy in your day, in your life, is such a harm. With all
you have to do to get ready for your hike. I don't understand the
insensitivity of the poster, who obviously has too much time on his hands
that, for a laugh, posts a message on the PCT L without concern for how
their post might affect you and the people who know and love you! This
poster has no clue how much he saps all the joy out your unselfish motive
for writing the PCT Handbook. Not many know how much you love the PCT. Yes,
you are receiving payment for your book but not many know you don't make
much, if any, money on your book. Not many know how hard you work day in,
day out, not only on updating the PCT Handbook for the Class of 2007 hikers,
but working long hours at a paying job to make enough money to do what you
love, hike. Not many know your motives are to be of help to others. I can't
imagine how you must have felt reading that someone pirated your book. How
can anyone be so insensitive? I am so angry AND disappointed.

Only someone who has never had the heart, nor the discipline, to spend the
time and energy to put together a book like yours, where, really, your main
aim is to be of service, could post as they did. Loser. Thief. Boy, am I
mad.

I was once told that joking is an unkind, hostile act. Making fun at someone
else's expense is not a nice character trait.

Again, I am so sorry Yogi.

Gottago