[pct-l] need for Ice ax & crampons

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Apr 2 18:10:55 CDT 2007

Last year (a huge snow year, unlike this one which is well below average), we heard several reports of hikers sliding and/or having to self-arrest at Sonora Pass.  Patience & Lico from Israel told of Lico's long slide off Sonora, which left him bruised and battered.  Beyond that, I hadn't heard of any other spots north that were sketchy enough to require ice axe and crampons.

L-Rod