[pct-l] Language on the Trail

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Apr 3 04:10:17 CDT 2007

natelafranchi wrote.....more and more people will seek refugee in places
like the PCT. It is inevitable.

Very true.....but it is also true that increased use will inevitable result
in an increase in regulations and permit restrictions and lessen the
wilderness experience......and that is not good.
I have seen the same thing happen at Mt. Whitney and the Grand Canyon over
the last 30 years.

JMT Reinhold

Switchback wrote.......if we all disappeared tomorrow we would not be missed
one second.......we are nothing even with our supposed mastery of the earth.

Not true Switchback.........YOU would be missed.

Switchback, very well said and oh so true.
Not only would we not be missed, we would be a good riddance, for mankind
has caused and will continue to cause more damage to the environment than
all the other living creatures combined could have caused since the
beginning of time.
I always chuckle, every time I hear people marvel about man's supposed
superiority.
I always say next time you are face to face with a Grizzly, tell that to the
Grizzly, tell him how superior you are and see what the Grizzly thinks.

JMT Reinhold