[pct-l] my first PCT Question

John Bynum j.r.bynum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:20:04 CDT 2007

Am so excited to be planning my PCT hike-and at the same time so
disappointed at the posts that i have read so far on the page...aprils fools
jokes?? whether to wear or ban kilts??? I noticed that there are more
replies to the B.S. than to the actual Questions...WTF?

If this is posted (and to be honest, its not so clear how to do that through
the way i entered your site...maybe i am missing somehting?) I hope that the
following questions can be answered, cause i will probably have many more...

1. Can i bear hang anywhere? or maybe i need to have a canister in YNP? are
they required anywhere else?

2. If i get a trail permit south of YNP can i still enter and camp there on
my hike thru? I have heard that there are "days you can start on" or
"limited camping permits/areas" there (or something...), and many of them
are booked. can anyone explain this to me?

3. Trekking poles? never used 'em b4 am i missing something??

4. am leaving Europe to start in late June, and i cant find maps of C. and
N. california in libraries here. does anyone know any good, very detailed,
online maps??

Whether you know 1 or all  of these, thanks for your answers.

Kuurva